This is a sad week as we remember our beloved Davy Jones. It’s been a year since we lost our dear friend but in so many ways it feels like yesterday. He lives one in our hearts and though his music … RIP Davy ♥
Give the Gift of Light to Thousands of Guatemalans February 25, 2013
I just donated to my daughter’s friend Juan in Guatemala who is working to bring solar power to thousands of Guatemalans at a cost cheaper than candles!
What an amazing cause to support! Imagine the difference you can make to bring the gift of light to thousands ♥ Every bit helps so thank you!! Click the link …
Health Benefits of Honey and Cinnamon February 19, 2013
Drug companies won’t like this one getting around. Facts on Honey and Cinnamon:
It is found that a mix of honey and Cinnamon cures most diseases. Honey is produced in most of the countries of the world. Scientists of today also note honey as very effective medicine for all kinds of diseases. Honey can be used without side effects which is also a plus.Today’s science says that even though honey is sweet, when it is taken in the right dosage as a medicine, it does not harm even diabetic patients. Researched by western scientists:
HEART DISEASES: Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, put it on toast instead of jelly and jam and eat it regularly for breakfast. It reduces the cholesterol and could potentially save one from heart attack. Also, even if you have already had an attack studies show you could be kept miles away from the next attack. Regular use of cinnamon honey strengthens the heart beat. In America and Canada, various
nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that as one ages the arteries and veins lose their flexibility and get clogged; honey and cinnamon revitalize the arteries and the veins.
ARTHRITIS: Arthritis patients can benefit by taking one cup of hot water with two tablespoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. When taken daily even chronic arthritis can be cured. In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week (out of the 200 people so treated) practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain — and within a month, most all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis now started walking without pain.
BLADDER INFECTIONS: Take two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. It destroys the germs in the bladder….who knew?
CHOLESTEROL: Two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of Cinnamon Powder mixed in 16 ounces of tea water given to a cholesterol patient was found to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10 percent within two hours. As mentioned for arthritic patients, when taken three times a day, any chronic cholesterol-could be cured. According to information received in the said Journal, pure honey taken with food daily relieves complaints of cholesterol.
COLDS: Those suffering from common or severe colds should take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with 1/4 spoon cinnamon powder daily for three days. This process will cure most chronic cough, cold, and, clear the sinuses, and it’s delicious too!
UPSET STOMACH: Honey taken with cinnamon powder cures stomach ache and also is said to clear stomach ulcers from its root.
GAS: According to the studies done in India and Japan, it is revealed that when Honey is taken with cinnamon powder the stomach is relieved of gas.
IMMUNE SYSTEM: Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacterial and viral attacks. Scientists have found that honey has various vitamins and iron in large amounts. Constant use of Honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles (where DNA is contained) to fight bacterial and viral diseases.
INDIGESTION: Cinnamon powder sprinkled on two tablespoons of honey taken before food is eaten relieves acidity and digests the heaviest of meals
INFLUENZA: A scientist in Spain has proved that honey contains a natural ‘Ingredient’ which kills the influenza germs and saves the patient from flu.
LONGEVITY: Tea made with honey and cinnamon powder, when taken regularly, arrests the ravages of old age. Use four teaspoons of honey, one teaspoon of cinnamon powder, and three cups of boiling water to make a tea. Drink 1/4 cup, three to four times a day. It keeps the skin fresh and soft and arrests old age. Life spans increase and even a 100 year old will start performing the chores of a 20-year-old.
RASPY OR SORE THROAT: When throat has a tickle or is raspy, take one tablespoon of honey and sip until gone. Repeat every three hours until throat is without symptoms.
PIMPLES: Three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it off the next morning with warm water. When done daily for two weeks, it removes all pimples from the root.
SKIN INFECTIONS:Applying honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts on the affected parts cures eczema, ringworm and all types of skin Infections.
WEIGHT LOSS:Daily in the morning one half hour beforebreakfast and on an empty stomach, and at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup of water. When taken regularly, it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also, drinking this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet.
CANCER: Recent research in Japan and Australia has revealed that advanced cancer of the stomach and bones have been cured successfully. Patients suffering from these kinds of cancer should daily take one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder three times a day for one month.
FATIGUE: Recent studies have shown that the sugar content of honey is more helpful rather than being detrimental to the strength of the body. Senior citizens who take honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts are more alert and flexible. Dr. Milton, who has done research, says that a half tablespoon of honey taken in a glass of water and sprinkled with cinnamon powder, even when the vitality of the body starts to decrease, when taken daily after brushing and in the afternoon at about 3:00 P.M., the vitality of the body increases within a week.
BAD BREATH: People of South America, gargle with one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder mixed in hot water first thing in the morning so their breath stays fresh throughout the day.
HEARING LOSS: Daily morning and night honey and cinnamon powder, taken in equal parts restores hearing.
Boyce and Hart’s Passion for Change Made a Difference February 16, 2013
Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart are best known for creating the sound of the Monkees. Did you know in 1968 the duo campaigned to support Robert F. Kennedy in his run for the Presidency, and they spearheaded the “Let Us Vote”, or “L.U.V.” campaign, which ultimately helped to lower the voting age to 18 in the US (it had been 21).
Noranne, the administrator of our facebook page Boyce & Hart Picture Creations created this cool tribute to L.U.V. Click the link to check out more fun picture creations; if you’re on facebook please consider a ‘Like’ for our page … Thanks in advance! http://www.facebook.com/boyceandhartpicturecreations
Happy Chinese New Year — A Great Day for a “Do Over” February 10, 2013
I have yet to kick off my 2013 goals to make some new positive changes for my life. If you’re like me, today is a great day to take advantage of a New Year “do over”!
2013 is the Year of Water Snake
Welcome to Year of the Water Snake! Snake is the Yin to last year’s Dragon Yang. That said, Snake does not settle for mediocrity, either. We’re likely to see significant developments in the area of science and technology this year. Research and development are apt to flourish. This is a Water year as well, the element most closely associated with education and research, making 2013 a very special year for scientists and scholars. Snake is a great sign, a positive one, with energy that can help us face all of the challenges ahead of us. Let’s take advantage of this vibrant influence to improve our lives — and our world! All things are possible. Delusions and deception are common in the year of water Snake. Stay alert! To gain the greatest benefits from this year, you need to control spending and use your talents wisely.
How Addiction to Plastic Poisons Our Planet February 9, 2013
I just returned from Hawaii where I enjoyed and experienced the magic of paradise with it’s magnificent ocean waves. When I came across this article my heart broke. I realize I need to take even more personal action to contribute to the change of this reality.
- Today’s “throw away society” has created mountains of plastic waste, including billions of bottles and bags that clog up landfills and take hundreds of years to break down, as this documentary shows
- Twenty billion pounds of plastic is making its way into our oceans each year, where wave action turns them into a plastic soup; the five oceanic gyres each have massive whirlpools of trash in their cores, damaging sea life and marine ecosystems
- Fish and other sea creatures are being contaminated with plastic, in and around their bodies; sea turtles mistake plastic bags for jellyfish (their favorite food), and albatrosses are found strangled to death by plastic six-pack rings; many species consume plastic “nurdles” and suffer dire consequences, including death
- Chemicals from plastic waste harm living things all the way up the food chain, from plankton to humans; BPA and BPS disrupt embryonic development and are linked to heart disease and cancer; phthalates (such as the plasticizer DEHP) disturb gene expression;
- Even more disturbing, a groundbreaking study suggests serious adverse health problems may be passed down multiple generations
- Suggestion are given about how you can break your plastic addiction and reduce your own plastic footprint.
There is no single solution to the plastic waste problem. But you can do your part by taking the following action steps that reduce your plastic consumption, which will benefit your health as well as the environment.
- Reduce plastic use: Purchase products that are not made from or packaged in plastic. Here are a few ideas… Use reusable shopping bags for groceries. Bring your own mug when indulging in a coffee drink — and skip the lid and the straw. Bring drinking water from home in glass water bottles, instead of buying bottled water. Store foods in the freezer in glass mason jars as opposed to plastic bags. Take your own leftover container to restaurants. Request no plastic wrap on your newspaper and dry cleaning. These are just a few ideas — I’m sure you can think of more.
- Recycle what you can: Take care to recycle and repurpose products whenever possible. For example, turn your plastic shopping bags into very strong rope.
- Support legislation: Support legislative efforts to manage waste in your community; take a leadership role with your company, school, and neighborhood.
- Be Innovative: If you have a great idea, share it! Your capacity to come up with smarter designs and creative ideas is limitless, and many heads are better than one. Innovations move us toward a more sustainable world.
- Assist Recovery: Return deposits on bottles and other plastic products, and participate in “plastic drives” for local schools, where cash is paid by the pound.
By Dr. Mercola … for the full story click the link below
Ravens Win the Superbowl February 3, 2013
My favorite commercial had to be the Budweiser Clydesdale commercial.
I’m sad that the 49ers were so close but didn’t win 😦
Congrats to the Ravens and their fans 🙂
Congratulations to Michael Oher of the Ravens (The Blind Side movie). He’s got his first Super Bowl ring. What an accomplishment from a kid who was ‘written off’ when he was younger.