I’m sharing this from http://www.2baware.net/healthy-foods/turmeric-the-secret-to-optimal-health/ …by Lena Jacome.
Why Turmeric? The active ingredient in Turmeric is called curcumin which has been found to provide a list of wonderful effects:
- Aids in fat metabolism and weight management
- A natural inflammatory known to be used for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis and improves asthema
- A natural analgesic and natural antibiotic
- It’s a skin tonic and improves such skin conditions as psoriasis and eczema
- Reduces the side effects of chemotherapy and an anti-arthritic
- Strengthens ligaments and speeds up the healing of wounds
- It’s a blood purifier and has blood thinning properties
- Lowers cholesterol and inhibits the oxidation of LDL
- Improves digestion, heals stomach ulcers and helps prevent bloating and gas
- Slows the progression of MS
- Slows the progression of Alzheimer’s Disease by removing amyloid plaque buildup in the brain
- Used as preventative medicine for the following cancers: Breast, Prostate, Skin, Colon, Lymphoma and Leukemia
**If you are pregnant or nursing then please consult your physician before implementing turmeric in your diet for medicinal purposes. Seek your physicians advice if wishing to implement in a child’s diet. Avoid turmeric if you have gallstones or bile obstruction.
A recipe for Turmeric Tea
1 and 1/2 inches of turmeric root (peel the skin)
For added taste *Optional: I like to add the same amount of ginger root (peeled as well)
Steep in 1/2 gallon of water
Have a cup and place the remainder in your fridge.
Enjoy a cup a day!